Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Indiana Jones IV

The Lego Indiana Jones MinifigLEGO Indy
Image via Wikipedia
Fair use claimed
I got a chance to see the new LEGO sets for the Indiana Jones IV movie (Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull) and I'm psyched. Nice designs, all in all.

LEGO brought out 4 sets earlier this year with scenes from earlier movies:

(links go to Peeron inventory)

Usually when LEGO does a new theme the sets are increasing in price as well as piece count, oddly this time two of the sets have almost the same piece count but one is 20 and the other 30 USD. Fans have been pretty complimentary of these.

When I was in California last week I got to see the new ones on display, all featuring scenes from the new movie:
  • Jungle Duel with 90 pieces
  • River Chase with 234 pieces
  • Jungle Cutter with 511 pieces
  • Temple of Akator with 929 pieces
(no links this time, the inventories aren't done by the fans yet.... but here's a link to the LEGO site's description of the new theme)

Anyway, I'm psyched. Great sets and great play value.

Oh ya, I'm excited about the movie too.



No comments: